Must be 18 years of age, have a High School Diploma or GED on hire date. No experience required. Applications will be accepted from candidates 6 months prior to receiving High School Diploma/GED and 18th birthday.
An Applicant’s History Questionnaire must be completed and returned to the Human Resources Department by the deadline as determined by Human Resources. Position requires candidate to be willing to work 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift including weekends, holidays and extended hours in emergency, disaster, or other situations.
TESTING REQUIRED: Must pass Typing Test (20 wpm)
- Must be 18 years of age or older on hire date
- High school graduate or GED equivalent on hire date
- Type 20 wpm (testing required)
- Able to search prisoners, as needed
- Able to work all shifts
- Ability to successfully complete the Mesquite Police Department hiring process
Required Paperwork - (required at a later date)
- Birth Certificate (original or certified copy)
- High School Transcript (original or certified copy)
- College Transcript (all college transcripts must be originals or certified copies)
- Marriage license or licenses (original, if applicable)
- Divorce decree or decrees (original, if applicable)
- ORM DD-214 - Military Separation Report (original, if applicable)
- Life Insurance: 2 x annual salary-Additional and Family Coverage Life Insurance available at group rates.
- Medical Insurance: Employee and/or Family coverage available at group rates
- Dental: Employee and/or Family coverage available at group rates
- Vacation: 10 days per year (15 days after 5 years of service, 20 days after 15 years of service, 25 days after 25 years of service)
- Sick Leave: 15 days per year, may be accumulated without limit
- Holidays: 9 days per year
- Retirement: Texas Municipal Retirement System and Social Security